Intensive with Sabine Parzer
For dancers with contact experience
An exploration through dance, movement and touch focusing on internal and external factors that allow for intimacy to arise, stay and show in our dances and daily life. What conditions can we create as dancers for ourselves and others to open the doors of honesty, courage and expressivity? What is needed in order to create safe and explorative containers? How can my dance, my artistry, my resourcefulness, my style, my candor, my performance quality be influenced by this quality of intimacy?
The ability to connect with Self, Place and Others translates to the quality of connection and invites a more direct experience both for myself and my partner. We will work with and deepen research material from Holistic Dance which includes: Integrative Contact Improvisation, Authentic Movement Plus, Somatics & Applied Anatomy,Contemporary Dance Improvisation, composition, and creative writing.
- Intimacy with self, place, and other
- Clearly setting and relinquishing boundaries
- The relationship between sensuality and sexuality in the dance context
- Performance as act of radical Intimacy
- The intimacy of acrobatics
- Riding the tiger – surrendering to the ecstatic dance