Workshop with Ram Atkin Mazliach (IL)
Zen– we will use the Zazen techniqe “susokkan” to explore the use of breath and concentration for deepening our dance- Leting “the dance to dance the dancer”
Wave– we will investigate the movement of waves through the body and between bodies using physical, anatomical and bio-mechanical structures. How can an individual wave merge with the collective wave.
CI– How can CI become a playful practice of Zen? We will practice the mystery of unknowing in movement.
In dancing, teaching and performance Ram incorporates elements from the following fields:
- meditative awareness inspired by his training in monasteries in Mianmar, India and Japan
- A contemplative attitude towards anatomy,physiology and biomechanics inspire by his training as a medical doctor
- Somatic sensing and exploration inspired by the practice of Skinner releasing and butoh
- Addressing the inner and interpersonal fields inspired by his training in authentic movement
- Multi dimensional aspects of touch inspired by my practice of Integrative Craniosacral.