We warmly welcome you to the third edition of the Kontaktland festival. We will celebrate Contact Improvisation once again, and deepen together into our practice for 6 days in the middle of nature, at Három Kincs Völgye.
This is a fantastic opportunity to gather the Hungarian community and to welcome international dancers. The festival is settling year by year and we are so thankful to create such a safe, intimate and friendly space all together. This is not just a dream, this is reality!
We are grateful for the beautiful festival in 2019. We had a wonderful community, connections and collaborations were born, which inspired us to continue our work and practice. In 2020 we made a self organized camp instead of the festival. We were 70 dancers and we created it together.
For 2021 we took the decision to make a festival again, followed by a camp. Our concept is the same as planned in 2020, with some changes in the teacher team.
We will follow again the original three words concept: “community, research and nature”. Each year one word is predominant, we started with Nature, then Research and now – last, but not least – comes Community!
- Regarding the context of Contact Improvisation, what community means for us?
- Does it make sense to talk about Community regarding Contact Improvisation?
- What are the values we share?
- Shall we consider we have responsibilities to take together?
- Why practicing Contact Improvisation grounds us and how does this nourish our local community?
- How do we take care of each other?
Those questions are guiding us and will be present during the festival. We will have discussions and sharings about this topic.